Join our exciting team and participate in any part of our initiatives through formal internships, which are flexible from 3-12 months or volunteer for any amount of time.
Some examples of opportunities include the following
- Participate in the introductory and advanced trainings we offer.
- Help strategize about which ones to offer, who to offer them to, when, etc.
- Coordinate the logistics of the trainings.
Unarmed Civilian Protection
- Participate in UCP by defusing hostility and increasing empathy at adversarial
political demonstrations, and other hot spots as they develop, such as Gallery
- Strategize about how to scale-up UCP in the DC Metro Area.
- Work with our team by focusing on a DC neighborhood.
- Build relationships with key community members.
- Strategize about how to scale up our engagement to include the multiple
resources of the DC Peace Team.
- Coordinate monthly planning meetings, other ad-hoc meetings, and an annual
- Help with coordinating trainings, outreach events, and unarmed civilian
protection initiatives, etc.
Communications and Outreach
- Database management
- Set up meetings with interested individuals and key organizations, such as the
DC gov., DC schools, and DC police.
- Update the website, Facebook, and Twitter accounts regularly.
- Explore innovative communication approaches.
- Develop and implement assessment strategies for our key initiatives such as
trainings and UCP deployments.
- Locate and write grants, manage the membership commitments and the online
- Help implement grants received, including gathering information for reporting.
Bring your fresh ideas in these and other practices we haven’t explored yet!
Eli McCarthy, PhD